- Members must pay annual dues as set by the board.
- Agree to work towards 80% of all “work” to be done in Orange County.
- This includes providing employee headcount and role percentages each year and showing and increase in amount of development or related positions.
- Each member will get one (1) vote.
Criteria for Large, Multinational Companies
- If the company has locations outside of Orange County then the above criteria may be met at a product level as long as the development for said product meets or aims to meet the 80% criteria over the course of one calendar year.
- For example, Twitch is an Orange County company owned by Amazon. If Twitch meets the 80% rule then Twitch is eligible to be a part of Coded in OC.
- Another example: If Company A has multiple products and the primary development team is located in Orange County and meets the 80% criteria or aims to meet this level then Company A is eligible but the product name will need to be included with all branding material used when representing their membership.
Membership Declaration Points
- Expectations: to maintain voting privileges the members/representatives must be involved with the organization through participation on a committee or at events (50%) and provide contributions to educational or advocacy materials.
- Representatives should be active on Coded in OC Slack channels.
What they can and can’t do:
- Members cannot enter into agreements, contracts or partnerships on behalf of Coded in OC.
- WORK/PRODUCT: The type of labor or tasks your company employees do in the realm of software development and architecture. See Work & Work product qualifiers below.
- Employee Headcount and Role Percentage: Each member company is required to have employees/independent contractors in Orange County related to Code Development (e.g. Software / Front-end / Backend / Full-stack / Middle-tier / Web / Desktop / Mobile / Game Developers).
- Supporting roles (e.g. UI/UX Designer, Technical Project Manager, Graphic Design, and similar) will count towards the 80% percent requirement.
- If the member company utilizes teams outside of Orange County then this will be taken under consideration when evaluating the overall percentage.
- SERVICE: The action of doing software related work for a 3rd party company.
Work & Work Product Qualifiers:
- Service based Agency: If you provide a service where you build a product that is delivered to a client.
- Consumer Product(s): If you build/code/develop a product which is used as the core product of your business.
- Internal Support Product(s): If you build internal tools that are used in support of your company.